Thursday 25 August 2011

Jul-11 - Corrigan's Mayfair

TB went to Corrigan's without BH, as she was on a girl’s trip to London. Ended up calling BH from the restaurant mid course to tell him how wonderful it was. This restaurant is a gem of a find. We were half an hour early and were shown the bar for drinks. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, but not overly attentive which was just perfect. I had a taste sensation for my starter; a rich, smooth fois gras quinnellle with a tarte marmalade puree served with brioche. I was delighted with my choice. I then went on to have rabbit with sides of creamed spinach and goose fat chips! Heaven!! My dining companions had a kilo of beef and I have to admit to extreme food envy when it turned up. A huge slab a succulent beef arrived and was cut at the table. There was so much that I had to help them out and have 2 slices. There was still some left over. If you are going to have the kilo of beef forget having a starter!! Maitre d', Johann, was great. Welcoming, friendly. Loved it! Can’t wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment